2500 Mowry Avenue, Washington West building
Fremont, CA 94538
Download a map of our location
(510) 608-1301 - General Information and Wellness Program
(510) 791-3410 - To schedule an appointment for a mammogram, ultrasound or a bone density scan (DEXA)
(510) 608-1380 - To schedule an MRI appointment
Washington Hospital has developed a Center that combines advanced diagnostic services and an expert clinical staff with a host of wellness and support programs for local women. Its warm, soothing surroundings and personal amenities are specifically designed to help women feel calm and comforted as they benefit from a wide range of easy-to-access healthcare programs in a single setting.
In June 2012, Washington Hospital was designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). By awarding facilities the status of a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, the ACR recognizes breast imaging centers that have earned accreditation in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, and breast ultrasound (including ultrasound-guided breast biopsy).
Washington Women's Center has been accredited by The National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a non-governmental, not-for-profit organization that has been established to identify and recognize breast centers providing quality care in the United States. The NAPBC is a consortium of national, professional organizations dedicated to the improvement of the quality of care and outcomes of women with diseases of the breast.
NAPBC-accredited centers demonstrate the following services:
- A multidisciplinary, team approach to coordinate the best care and treatment options available
- Access to breast cancer-related information, education, and support
- Breast cancer data collection on quality indicators for all subspecialties involved in breast cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care
- Information about clinical trials and new treatment options
Accreditation by the NAPBC is granted only to those centers that are voluntarily committed to providing the best possible care to patients with diseases of the breast. Each breast center must undergo a rigorous evaluation and review of its performance and compliance with NAPBC standards.
For more information on Frequently Asked Questions on NAPBC accreditation go to Click Here.
Michele White is a cancer survivor, and very happy about the care she received through Washington Women's Center. Read more about her story here.
"I am so grateful I was able to have my treatment at Washington Hospital, close to home. Every step of the way, people showed concern for me not just as a piece of paper or a number, but as a person. I will be forever grateful."
~ Michele White, Cancer Survivor