The Washington On Wheels Mobile Health Clinic (W.O.W.) is a mobile medical unit providing quality health care services primarily to uninsured and underserved district residents. W.OW. brings Washington Hospital's commitment to patient-first care to clients throughout Southern Alameda County, including Fremont, Newark and Union City. The intent is to discover undiagnosed conditions before they become serious and to treat chronic conditions before they turn into life-threatening emergencies. For more information on the mobile clinic schedule or to make an appointment, please call (510) 608-3203.
Washington On Wheels is available to do flu shots on site at your company. Call for more details.
The 36-foot mobile clinic provides services for children, adults and seniors such as:
- Physical exams
- Health screenings for blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose levels for diabetes.
- Immunizations and Flu Shots (Click here to learn more about Whooping Cough)
- Prescriptions to treat high blood pressure, non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus and high cholesterol.
- Nutritional counseling and health education
- Health insurance counseling (healthy family enrollment, Medicare questions and more)
- Occupational medicine - If your company is interested in utilizing the Washington On Wheels Mobile Health Clinic for occupational medicine services for your employees.
The Washington On Wheels Mobile Health Clinic is staffed by a nurse practitioner under the direction of Washington Hospital physician Dr. Steven Curran.
Washington On Wheels accepts Medicare and Medi-Cal and some insurance plans and will provide services regardless of immigration status or ability to pay.
- Every Tuesday - 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Washington On Wheels Mobile Health Clinic (W.O.W.) will be at the Family Resource Center, 39155 Liberty Street, Fremont. Please note the W.O.W. van is closed from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. for lunch.
- First Wednesday of the month - 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. the Washington On Wheels Mobile Health Clinic (W.O.W.) will be at the Fremont Senior Center, 40086 Paseo Padre Parkway, Fremont. Please note the W.O.W. van is closed from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. for lunch.
- Third Wednesday of each month - 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Washington On Wheels Mobile Health Clinic (W.O.W.) will be at the Ruggieri Senior Center, 33997 Alvarado-Niles Road, Union City. Please note the W.O.W. van is closed from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. for lunch.
(W.O.W. also provides service to Tri-City Area School Districts on Wednesdays when W.O.W. is not scheduled for other locations. Please call (510) 608-3203 for availability.)