Washington Joint Replacement Services
Healthgrades named Washington Hospital Among the Top 5% in the nation for Joint Replacement, led by the groundbreaking efforts of the Institute for Joint Restoration and Research. The award-winning care provided by Washington Hospital has been consistently recognized on the national level. In October 2012, Washington Hospital's joint replacement program was named the #3 joint replacement program in California and #1 joint replacement program in the Bay Area by Healthgrades for hip and knee replacement. Washington Hospital was named one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement by HealthGrades and is the only Bay Area hospital to be included as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement. Washington Hospital's hip and knee joint replacement program has now been ranked among the top 10 in California for eight years in a row and has been ranked among the top five percent in the nation for seven years in a row.
The goal of the Washington Hospital Joint Replacement Program is to help our patients return to full activity and the healthy lifestyle they are accustomed to. We offer a comprehensive range of services including diagnostics, surgical and non-surgical procedures, as well as rehabilitative physical and occupational therapy. Many patients can also take advantage of minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Washington Hospital has a dedicated approached to joint replacement that fosters good outcomes. Some of the key factors leading to successful outcomes include:
- Nurses and Therapists who specialize in the care of joint replacement patients
- Emphasis on pain management and an interdisciplinary approach to treatment
- Instruction by our physical and occupational therapists on knee exercises, transfer techniques, proper ambulation skills, and self-care, to facilitate safe and independent functional mobility and rapid recovery>
- Case Management coordinating equipment for home, therapy and discharge planning
- A comprehensive patient guide for you to refer to before, during and after your surgery
Patients are generally able to go home as early as two to four days after the operation, with home health therapy for follow-up care. Patients who are physically unable to go directly home may require a short stay in a community skilled nursing facility.
Joint Replacement Services include:
Learn more about Washington Hospital's Joint Replacement Services: