Whether you’re suffering from a sudden injury or an ongoing condition, Washington Hospital is your source for total orthopedic care. From back and spine surgery to elbow and shoulder replacement, Washington Hospital offers a comprehensive range of orthopedic treatments and services, including:
- Hand and Wrist
Learn more about Washington Hospital's Joint Replacement Services Patient Experience.
Healthgrades named Washington Hospital Among the Top 5% in the nation for Joint Replacement, led by the groundbreaking efforts of the Institute for Joint Restoration and Research. The award-winning care provided by Washington Hospital has been consistently recognized on the national level, and we remain committed to providing the best orthopedic care in the Bay Area.
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ for 7 Years in a Row (2007-2013)
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Joint Replacement for 7 Years in a Row (2007-2013)
- Ranked #3 in CA for Joint Replacement in 2013
- Ranked Among the Top 10 in CA for Joint Replacement for 8 Years in a Row (2006-2013) (Ranked 3 in 2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Joint Replacement for 8 Years in a Row (2006-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 8 Years in a Row (2006-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement for 10 Years in a Row (2004-2013)
The Institute for Joint Restoration and Research is a program at Washington Hospital with a focus on research and education.
The Minimally Invasive Spine Program at Washington Hospital offers high quality, effective treatment for patients with a wide variety of spinal conditions. We specialize in reconstructive spinal surgery. Our team of experts uses minimally invasive techniques to give patients the best possible outcomes while making treatment and recovery faster and easier.
Washington Hospital's sports medicine program offers both non-surgical and surgical treament options for musculoskeletal issues to athletes of all ages. Our physicians believe that with the appropriate therapy, the body is able to heal itself without surgery. However, when surgery is necessary, our physicians are highly experienced in arthroscopic or minimally invasive techniques to speed you on your way to recovery.
The Washington Outpatient Rehabilitation Center (WORC) provides our patients with the most up-to-date therapeutic services in a spacious and modern facility. Staffed by highly educated physical therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapy assistants and occupational therapy assistants, our goal is to help you return to either your prior level of functioning or to increase your current level of functioning. The center provides outpatient orthopedic physical therapy and outpatient occupational therapy.