"Random Staffing" Volunteering
Random staffing is a new way to volunteer at Washington Hospital. We are always looking for new adult members who are looking for an opportunity to volunteer on the days and times that work best for you. With this new program, volunteers don't have to make a long term commitment to a set schedule. Now you can sign up online for the date and time that fits into your personal schedule. If you are interested in joining us, please attend the next Volunteer Information Session on the date and time listed below.
I am interested in volunteering! How do I get started?
All High School prospective volunteers are required to attend a Prospective Volunteer Information Session. The Information Session is an option for Adults and College Students. The next session is scheduled for:
Wednesday, January 18, 2017 4pm-5pm (begins promptly at 4pm). No late arrivals.
Location: Washington WEST, 2500 Mowry Ave., Fremont, 1st floor auditoriums ("not" in the main hospital)
Please arrive 10 to 15 minutes early to sign in. NO appointment necessary, just drop in!
Click here to learn about the Student Volunteer Programs.
- Information Sessions are held quarterly at the hospital. All potential volunteers are required to attend the information session to find out about current volunteer opportunities and requirements for volunteering. Applications are provided at the information session to prospective adult and college applicants. High school applicants are guided through their application process.
- Health and Background Screening -In order to provide the best care for our patients, all volunteers are screened and must complete medical requirements through our Employee Health Services (free of charge). Screenings may take up to two months to complete. Proof of immunization to rubeola, rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and an annual tuberculin skin test are required. Members who have any limitations are required to provide a doctor's statement of release, noting any restrictions.
- Note: A background screening is required for adult volunteers. We will provide you a form to complete.
- Age - Prospective volunteers must be at least 16 years of age and have a sophomore standing.
- Orientation - After attending an Information Session (required for High School Students) and successfully completing the application process, all potential volunteers will be invited to a mandatory Volunteer Orientation in order to learn about the hospital's mandatory safety program, policies and procedures.
- Uniforms - Volunteers must wear the Washington Hospital Service League volunteer uniform and name badge while on duty.