Washington Hospital Service League
Volunteer Services Department - Washington West
2500 Mowry Ave.
Fremont, CA 94538
The Washington Hospital Service League Volunteers work closely with the hospital professionals to help provide care and support to the Washington Hospital patients, families and visitors.
Click here to learn more about becoming a volunteer.
"Random Staffing" Volunteering
Random staffing is a new way to volunteer at Washington Hospital. We are always looking for new adult members who are looking for an opportunity to volunteer on the days and times that work best for you. With this new program, volunteers don't have to make a long term commitment to a set schedule. Now, you may sign up online for the date and time that fits into your personal schedule. If you are interested in joining us, please attend the next Volunteer Information session. Click here for the date and time of the next session.
There are many volunteer opportunities available, including:
- Patient Feeding - Assist staff with feeding patients who need social interaction, or whose medical condition makes it difficult to feed themselves.
- Emergency Room - Provide emotional support to patients and their families in the emergency room.
- Community Health Resource Library - Assist visitors in finding answers to their health-related questions.
Other services include:
- Greet patients and visitors
- Discharge patients
- Deliver flowers
- Sell items in the gift shop
- Keep concerned friends and families updated on patient status
- Play piano in main hospital lobby
- Take families on tours of the birthing center
- Act as coaches for patients in Institute for Joint Restoration and Research
- Assist at public seminars, health screenings and hospital events
About the Washington Hospital Service League
The mission of the Washington Hospital Service League is to make a difference by helping others.
Volunteers work closely with Washington Hospital Healthcare System professionals to do just that providing care and support to Washington Hospital patients, families and visitors.
Since its founding in 1955, three years before Washington Hospital actually opened its doors, the Washington Hospital Service League has provided more than 1.8 million hours of service and donated more than $2.2 million to the hospital.
For more information about the Washington Hospital Service League, please call the Volunteer Department at (510) 791-3465.