2000 Mowry Ave.
Fremont, CA 94538-1716
Tel: (510) 797-1111
Find us through Map & Directions.
Washington Hospital is a not-for-profit 353-bed, acute-care district hospital and provides a full range of medical services to the communities of Fremont, Newark, Union City, parts of South Hayward and unincorporated Sunol. Services include Washington Clinics located in Fremont, Newark and Union City; Washington Radiation Oncology Center; Washington Outpatient Surgery Center; Washington Outpatient Rehabilitation Center; Washington Outpatient Catheterization Laboratory; Washington Heart Program; Washington/Packard Children's‚™ Special Care Nursery; Center for Joint Replacement; and the Birthing Center.
Guidelines for Visitors
Visitation from family and friends is an important part of the healing process for our patients. In consideration of all our patients, however, Washington Hospital will not allow its peaceful and comfortable healing environment to be compromised by loud or disorderly visitors. Individuals failing to comply with this policy may be asked to leave the premises.
All visitors agree to the following guidelines:
- Family and Friends are welcome 24 hours a day according to patient preference. For the rest and comfort of the patients, quiet time will be maintained after 8 p.m.
Visitors are reminded of the following:
- Children under the age of 12 may be allowed to visit under certain circumstances and must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult.
- Visitors are not permitted in the operating and recovery rooms.
- Please check with nursing staff before entering rooms marked "no visitors" or "isolation." Visitors are required to follow all special precautions.
- For the health and comfort of all of our guests, smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building.
- Consideration for the comfort and safety of the patient is the first priority at all times.
Nursing staff, in collaboration with the patient, may alter visiting hours and regulations at their discretion, as warranted by the patient's condition, family circumstances and environment. It is understood that visitors may be asked to leave if their presence is stressful to the patient or in conflict with the treatment plan.
Generally, the hospital requests that visitors be limited to two. Patient preference, care needs and available physical space are considered when determining who may be present. In a semi-private room, the needs of the patient's roommate must also be considered and respected.
All visitors must be free of any infectious conditions. This is of special concern when children are visiting.
For more information, call Washington Hospital at (510) 797-1111.
Learn more about Our Health Services.