Unused Medication Drop Off
To reduce the environmental impact of improper disposal of medication, Washington Hospital has partnered with the Union Sanitary District to offer Tri-City area residents a convenient, safe and environmentally sound option for disposing of old medications.
As chemical analysis technology has improved, even trace amounts of pharmaceuticals in rivers, bays, and oceans that present potential impacts to fish and wildlife can be detected. That's why bringing unused medications to Washington Hospital for disposal is the best alternative. The service is free to residents and Union Sanitary District pays for the safe disposal of the medication.
By partnering with Union Sanitary District - an independent special district which provides wastewater collection, treatment and disposal services to the residents and businesses of the cities of Fremont, Newark and Union City - Washington Hospital will offer five of the few permanent public disposal sites available to Tri-City area residents.
Permanent drop-off sites are now available at the following locations:
- Washington Hospital - Main Lobby, 2000 Mowry Avenue, Fremont
- Washington Hospital Community Health Resource Library - 2500 Mowry Avenue (Washington West), Fremont
- WTMF at Nakamura Clinic - 33077 Alvarado Niles Rd, Union City
- WTMF at Newark - 6236 Thornton Avenue, Newark
- WTMF at Warm Springs - 46690 Mohave Drive, Fremont