Washington Hospital Healthcare System offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, a professional work environment, state-of-the-art technology, and a great location near mass transit (easy access to BART and ACE trains). Most benefits are available to eligible employees who work 20 or more hours per week.
Coverage begins the 90th day of continuous
employment. Click here for a PDF of the Benefits Summary that is also listed below.
- Health Insurance –
The Hospital provides medical, dental, vision and mental health benefits to
employees, spouses, domestic partners and eligible dependents at minimal cost
to the employee (in some cases, coverage is free of charge). Medical coverage is a Blue Shield Preferred
Provider Plan (PPO).
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Insurance - The Hospital provides term life insurance coverage of
$10,000. Full-time exempt employees
receive additional coverage equivalent to their annual salary, plus
$10,000. Employees, spouses and domestic
partners have the option of purchasing additional term life insurance at low
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance -
The Hospital provides a basic LTD plan at
no cost to the employee. A buy-up
supplemental LTD plan for a 60% salary replacement policy is available for
- Voluntary Benefits - Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits, Identify Theft
Prevention, and Pet Insurance are available.
- Full-time employees accrue 25 days of Earned Time Off (ETO)
during the 1st year of employment.
ETO is used for holidays, vacation & sick days, and accruals increase
with years of service. Employees also
accrue 8 days of Extended Sick Leave (ESL) each year. ESL is used to supplement Worker's
Compensation or State Disability Insurance benefits, as needed. ETO & ESL accrual rates are pro-rated for
- Full-time nurses in the CNA Union accrue 10 days of Vacation
in the 1st year of employment, and accruals increase with years of
service. Full-time nurses also accrue 13
days of Sick Leave, and 10 paid holidays each year. Accruals are pro-rated for part-time
- Retirement -
The Hospital provides a Defined Benefit Retirement Plan. As of January 1, 2013, employee contributions
are required by the Public Employee Pension Reform Act (PEPRA). Vesting is 5 years. For employees who meet service requirements,
there are Retiree Medical Plans available.
- Pre-Tax Retirement Savings Plans - Employees can contribute to both the 403(b) and/or
457 savings plans. The Federal
Government sets yearly maximum contribution limits. Additional contributions are allowed if an
employee is over the age of 50. There is
also a 403(b) employer match. The
Hospital will contribute one dollar for every dollar contributed by the
employee, up to a maximum of 1.50% of the employee’s annual compensation. Vesting is at the rate of 20% each year.
- Employees who qualify (based on years of service) can choose between a retiree medical plan or a retiree medical cost reimbursement plan.
- Flexible Spending Accounts –
Pre-Tax Medical and Dependent Care flexible spending plans are available to pay
for expenses allowed under Section 125 of the IRS code.
- Education - The Hospital provides paid educational
leave to attend job-related courses each calendar year. In addition, employees may receive up to a
maximum of $1,500 in tuition reimbursement each fiscal year for expenses
incurred while pursuing a formal program of study.
- Credit Union - Employees may apply for a lifetime membership in a credit union, which offers a wide range of services.
- Child Care Center - Little Washington Township